Prime development opportunity with views over the River Don. For sale on behalf of Sheffield City Council
The site is roughly rectangular in shape and its boundaries are the residential development, City Wharf, Nursery St, the River Don and the pocket park.
Upon the site there is an existing concrete frame building that is in a state of disrepair.
See attached note prepared by Sheffield City Council. In brief we understand that a building of 5-6 storeys would be appropriate and the following uses would be acceptable in principle:
- Small convenience shop to serve the local area (use class A1
- Office/studios (B1 or B1c)
- Residential (C3)
- Hotels (C1)
- Food and drink uses (A3/A4)
- Community, leisure and recreation (D1 & D2). Retail that is likely to be similar to that found in the proposed Sheffield Retail Quarter will not be supported
The site will be sold on a freehold basis.The Sale
The main Heads of Terms will be as follows:
- Offers are sought for the freehold interest in the property;
- The property will be delivered with vacant possession in its existing condition on the date of completion;
- The Council will enter into a contract with the purchaser conditional upon them receiving full detailed and implementable planning consent; and
- Upon exchange of contracts, the purchaser will be expected to pay a deposit of 5% of the purchase price of which £20,000 will be non-refundable, plus 3% buyer's premium which shall cover the Council's costs incurred in this process.
The purchaser will be expected to:
- Exchange contracts within 1 month of being confirmed preferred bidder;
- Engage in a pre-application enquiry prior to exchange of contracts and submit a full application within 3 months of exchange of contracts; and
- Obtain planning permission within 9 months of the contract date, subject to the usual extensions.
We are seeking best bids for the site by no later than 12 noon on Friday 31st May 2019. Any bid will need to be supported by the relevant information to allow the vendor to fully consider the proposal. The Council will be able to consider both unconditional bids and bids conditional upon receipt of planning consent (see above comments).
A copy of the offer form is available to download from this webpage, together with envelope label. In addition to a hard copy of your bid documentation, please also provide your submission electronically (eg on a usb storage device).Viewing and further information
Please contact Tim Bottrill at Colloco or alternatively our joint agent John Hurman at Sheffield City Council on .Location
The property is located on Nursery Street in close proximity to Riverside Exchange and the vibrant area of Kelham Island. New riverside walkways and bridges link the site to these popular destinations.